The View From Your Window on a Foggy March Morning and Beartato is in Your Yard, 2014
I used this tutorial to learn how to do the special effects for this drawing.
Tiny Dragons That Take Care of Your Gaming Dice
[SCREAMS] I WANT THEM
I couldn’t resist reblogging; NO REGRETS
*incomprehensible noises at a pitch Matt Bellamy can only hit on a good day*
Pyro would like these…
from now on
I am going to live my life
as a Spartan woman.
the only man worthy of me
will be the one who can kick my ass in a fight.
and each morning,
when my husband leaves for work,
I will tell him:
"come back with your shield,
or dead upon it.”
and kiss his cheek.
and I will teach my daughters,
that a man who does not respect them as a warrior
deserves no respect in turn.
Say what you want
and how none of this is historically accurate.
all I know is,
my marriage is going to be metal as fuck.
hyenas, terrifying and excellently organized predators of the savannah
also surprisingly docile and like neck scritches and have a tail chasing compulsion
if you don’t think hyenas are great then you’re objectively wrong
Aaaahhh, I love hyenas. :D
Hyenas: Always getting a bad rap because lions are jerks. Lions actually steal from hyenas most of the time because hyenas are the better predators — but they’re also very skittish when faced with a giant pride of cats. Adorable babies!
Okay, lemme tell you about spotted hyenas, aka the BAMFiest BAMFs in the animal kingdom.
- Their societies are entirely female-dominated. Female hyenas are larger and stronger than males and have higher social status in clan hierarchy - even the lowest-ranking female in a hyena clan is higher up the social ladder than the highest-ranking male. They’re basically the Amazons of the animal world. The females even have false penis-like appendages (which are essentially large clitorises), which led the ancient Greeks to think that hyenas were hermaphrodites. Because fuck your narrow human perceptions of sex and gender roles, that’s why.
- They are considered the dominant predators of the African savannah, despite not being the largest or strongest, because they are the most successful hunters. Their hunting success rate is estimated to be about 70-80%, meaning that they catch about 70-80% of prey they pursue - a freakishly high statistic (to compare, the success rate of lions and wolves is about 20-30%). They also scavenge much less than lions do, as whowasntthere said, and are incredibly adaptable and opportunistic predators, meaning that they are also the most common and widespread of the large African carnivores. That’s not too bad for an animal typecast as a lazy scavenger.
- Their jaws are some of the strongest in the animal kingdom, stronger than those of lions, tigers, wolves or perhaps bears, and can crush elephant and giraffe bones; hyenas are also able to digest all bone matter. Don’t tell me that’s not metal as fuck.
- Despite looking like dogs, they are not part of the dog family and are actually more closely related to cats. Because fuck your logic. Nature does what it wants.
- They are incredibly intelligent. They are easily as intelligent as primates and some scientists claim that their intelligence may even rival that of the great apes, which would make them among the most intelligent animals in the world. Hyenas even outperform chimpanzees on some tests, which is pretty damn awesome, considering that chimpanzees are our closest relatives and all.
So yeah, basically hyenas are awesome and badass as well as truly fascinating animals and if you don’t have at least a bit of respect for them you’re wrong.
I love Hyenas. I think they are adorable, and much more interesting than lions. <3
Deadpool meeting Wesker at Anime Los Angeles ‘13.
I think Deadpool says it all.
Look at Spiderman in the background all, “God dammit, Wade”
I can’t not love this. I think my favorite part is Wade’s sneakers. Because he would incorporate Adidas into his official uniform.